August 17, 2013

The ice chest cooler box is almost done!


In the last post I had cut all the pieces to size and glued the legs and clamped the pieces up to dry.  I got pretty sick so they ended up in the clamps for about 5 days and dried out pretty good.  I took them out of the clamps and put a chamfer on all the sides that needed it.  I sanded everything to 60 grit to lessen the chance of splinters.  It was then just a matter of gluing and screwing everything together.
 
 
I love my new Craftsman router table.  I am so glad that I returned that Ryobi table.

These are for the bottom shelf so they got a chamfer all around.

Sanding is the bane of my existence....

All ready for assembly!

I started with the short end.


Then I put on the front and back.


I like this one much better with the bottom shelf.


The lid is all glued up and clamped overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment