March 29, 2013

New Yankee Workshop Workbench update - benchtop & tray parts

I made the benchtop out of 2 pieces of 1/2" plywood laminated together, cut the tray bottom to size and got the groves cut for the tray to fit into.




Here it is ready for some glue.

I put on a generous amount of glue, put the second piece on, put in some 1" screws in the middle and then clamped the hell out of it.  I am hoping that this will make the top conform to the 2x4's underneath.


Yep, I used almost all of my clamps for this!

I cut the tray bottom down to its finish size on the table saw.

I set my dado stack for 1/2" wide and 1/4" deep.

I set the fence to cut a groove 3" from the top of the board.

The grooves have been cut!

I think that I am going to have to notch the plywood bottom for the tool tray.

I marked the notch on the plywood

and cut it out with my cordless jigsaw that I totally suck at using.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment