Here it is ready for some glue.
I put on a generous amount of glue, put the second piece on, put in some 1" screws in the middle and then clamped the hell out of it. I am hoping that this will make the top conform to the 2x4's underneath.
Yep, I used almost all of my clamps for this!
I cut the tray bottom down to its finish size on the table saw.
I set my dado stack for 1/2" wide and 1/4" deep.
I set the fence to cut a groove 3" from the top of the board.
The grooves have been cut!
I think that I am going to have to notch the plywood bottom for the tool tray.
I marked the notch on the plywood
and cut it out with my cordless jigsaw that I totally suck at using.